Gingerbread Oatmeal – Peanut Butter Fingers
This heat, comforting gingerbread oatmeal tastes like the vacations in a bowl. Made with deliciously aromatic gingerbread spices — ginger! cinnamon! nutmeg! cloves! all spice! — it’ll make your own home odor superb and your mouth begin watering.
The vacation season is in full swing and in every single place you look you’ll discover seasonal vacation favorites and peppermint, gingerbread and eggnog-flavored every thing. As somebody who loves all of those flavors, I’m over right here like carry it ooon! And when these flavors infiltrate my very own kitchen, it’s solely all the higher.
When my complete home smells like recent gingerbread and the scent of gingerbread, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves saturates each room, I’m stuffed with that holly, jolly nostalgic feeling that solely comes this time of 12 months. Why reserve that feeling for the day or two we make gingerbread cookies through the vacation season when it’s a scent and taste we will take pleasure in within the morning as a part of a heat and comforting breakfast?
That’s the place gingerbread oatmeal is available in!
Made with thick, chewy oats, almond milk and flaxseed, this gingerbread oatmeal is flavored with conventional gingerbread spices and frivolously sweetened with pure maple syrup. It’s worthy of serving on Christmas morning but additionally splendidly easy and excellent for busy weekdays while you wish to add just a little little bit of the vacation spirit into your morning meal.
Right here’s every thing you’ll want to make this recipe:
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Floor flaxseeds
- Spices: Ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, all spice
- Maple syrup
In the case of topping this oatmeal, I received’t decide you if you wish to use a drizzle of leftover icing from a batch of gingerbread cookies however since that’s not one thing most of us commonly have available, chopped pecans and almond butter are two private favorites.
In the event you give this recipe a attempt, I hope you adore it and that it brings just a little additional pleasure into your vacation season this 12 months!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook dinner Time: 20 minutes
Whole Time: half-hour
Yield: 4–5 cups 1x
Class: breakfast, oatmeal
Methodology: range high
This heat, comforting gingerbread oatmeal tastes like the vacations in a bowl. Made with deliciously aromatic gingerbread spices — ginger! cinnamon! nutmeg! cloves! — it’ll make your own home odor superb and your mouth begin watering.
- 3 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 cups quaint oats
- 3 tablespoons floor flaxseed
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon floor ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon all spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (plus extra for topping, if desired)
- Elective toppings: Chopped pecans (or your favourite nut), almond butter
- Warmth the almond milk in a saucepan over medium-high warmth till it’s close to a boil. Add within the oats, flaxseed, spices, salt, and maple syrup, and stir to mix.
- Flip the warmth all the way down to a low simmer and cook dinner for 7-8 minutes till the oats are tender. Take off the warmth and let the oats thicken up if wanted. Or, add in additional almond milk to skinny out the consistency in case you choose.
- Prime with chopped pecans, almond butter, and extra maple syrup if desired.
Key phrases: oatmeal, gingerbread oatmeal, oatmeal recipes, vacation recipes
Extra Oatmeal Recipes To Strive